Do you know how many searches the phrase “How to grow hair in a day, a week, a month?” or “How to grow long hair at home? “Over 35,000 searches are handled by search engines every month. Can you imagine, that’s almost a quarter of those who are going to take the unified state exam in 2022. Impressive, isn’t it?
Let’s move from dry numbers to realities: long and thick hair is a dream for many girls, which in the XXI century has become a reality.
However, trying to grow it naturally (without resorting to the help of extensions) in a short time (before the prom or a date) is unlikely to work. Watch now to see how to strengthen hair at home. In this article, we’ll share tips to make your hair grow faster, more beautiful, and well-groomed! We’ll show you the best keratin products to use when grooming your hair.
How to grow hair fast
Have you seen bogus ads on social media or different forums promising to grow your hair like Kim Kardashian or Ariana Grande? All you have to do is buy a miracle cure and rub it into your scalp for twenty minutes to activate your hair follicles, which have been dormant for a while. So, to grow your desired long hair-not a problem, but to maintain the length of your dreams, keep healthy hair and scalp-another challenge that you will need to honor and dignity to take.
Typically, these miracle products have a fairly aggressive composition, which can cause allergic reactions, itching, and discomfort. You might see a boost in hair growth while you’re using a remedy, but we suggest you take a more comprehensive approach.
What influences hair growth rate
As we all know, everybody is unique, and we are all different, thanks to our genetics. It’s genetics – hereditary factors – that determine not only your talent and physical ability, your predisposition to certain diseases, but also how active your hair follicles are.
Have you ever noticed that someone’s hair literally grows like yeast (long, thick, in a word, luxurious), even though she didn’t make any efforts, and someone else rubs various oils into hair roots, makes long hours of masks, resorts to folk remedies and professional procedures, but hair doesn’t grow and doesn’t get thicker? Read more: how to get curly hair men. You can’t change genetics, even if folk remedies, “granny” methods, cosmetic procedures, and the best girlfriend say otherwise. Do not worry!
If you still set a goal to grow long and healthy hair, try to watch:
- Your health. It’s a truism, but it’s not just your hair, it’s your overall health. Start taking care of your hair now and you’ll thank yourself later;
- Your diet. Eating right isn’t just a trend, but also an effective way to help you reach your dream lengths. Eliminate fatty, salty, tinned, and spicy foods. Fast food – only on feast days!
- Consume enough water. Remember: juices, tea, sodas, coffee, and energy drinks are liquids, but not pure table water. Drink your daily norm, replacing water with fruit tea or favorite coffee (at the rate of 30 ml. of water per 1 kg. of weight) and you will see how the condition of your hair has changed and how your complexion has improved;
How long does it take to grow your hair?
Hair growth is cyclical and can be divided into three stages:
- The active growth stage lasts from 2–3 years (sometimes longer).
- The resting stage lasts for 2-3 weeks.
- Hair follicle activity declines, hair becomes thinner, the color becomes duller, and hair development stops.
- stage of hair loss.
In this stage (3 months), hair growth stops, and as a result, hair loss occurs, after which the cycle of hair growth repeats.
Calculations are fun: On average hair grows at 0.05mm per day, and at 0.35mm per week, so you can grow 1-1.5cm per month, which equals ~18cm per year if you don’t cut any ends.
Can I grow my hair in one month?
Yes, it is! On average, your hair grows back 1-1.5 cm per month. However, don’t expect your hair to outshine Rapunzel’s luxurious plait in a month. In the month you’re given, try learning to eat right, control your stress levels, spend more time outdoors, and take vitamins for beautiful and healthy hair. Perhaps this month will give you time to rethink your habits and change your lifestyle?
How to grow hair back quickly at home
“How do I grow my hair when it won’t grow back?”, “How do I make my hair grow back faster at home? – do you know any of these questions? All folk recipes that promise to grow hair by 15 cm. in a month, first of all, do not work, and secondly, consist of an aggressive pepper tincture or mustard powder.
Of course, such a mixture applied to the roots of the hair, accompanied by a head massage, will stimulate hair growth, and activate “sleeping” bulbs, but in the meantime, it will literally dry out the scalp and cause discomfort. In the hope of growing your hair out quickly and at all costs, you’re forgetting the most important thing: the condition of your hair. You might get your dream length, but will your hair be healthy and beautiful?
Don’t forget that having beautiful, long hair is a long process. A combination of measures (good nutrition, vitamins, treatments such as masks and leave-in creams, less use of hairdryers and irons) is essential for this.
The right care
To grow hair at home, it needs first all the right and proper care, the so-called beauty ritual: first shampoo (cleansing phase), then balm (moisturizing phase), mask (nutrition) – for deep hair nutrition, and lotion (care)—for the ends and making the hair smooth and shiny. See more: facts about hair.
- Try to keep your hair in the same basket as the two products work well together and complement each other.
- Don’t neglect your hair. Do you think the result is imperceptible? Try to use the mask 1-2 times a week, applying it to wet hair, leaving 10-15 cm from the roots, and leave it for 5 minutes (not 1, not 2, but 5, as written in the instruction). In a month you will see the difference – your hair is smoother, more manageable, and soft.
- Once every 2 weeks, use a scrub for sensitive scalps. The fine particles will remove the residues of styling products, keratinized epidermis, and sebum. Consequently, the nutrients in the shampoo and balm will better penetrate the hair structure.
Good Daily Habits
- Make sure you incorporate protein into your diet (poultry, seafood, red meat, and cottage cheese). Protein is not only the basis for muscle mass but also an important ‘player’ in building strong and healthy hair;
- Comb your hair from bottom to top;
- Don’t brush and towel-dry hair when it’s soaking wet, as you’ll only cause more damage;
- Avoid (if possible) using curling irons, hairdryers, and curling irons. Yes, curling iron manufacturers are now trying to make them ‘gentler’ and less traumatic. However, one shouldn’t forget that the same curling iron that you use to straighten and curl your hair, heats hair at a temperature range of 110-230ºC, releasing steam that softens the keratin of the upper layer of hair, removes moisture, dries it, and “pinches” the cuticle. As a result, the protective keratin layer is destroyed, nutrients evaporate, and the hair is thinning;
- Don’t wear your hair in tight hairstyles like ponytails, braids, or bunches.
Hair cuts for growing hair
Although cascades were popular in the 90s, they’re as trendy as ever. Alternating lengths and neat highlights can add volume and create the illusion of thicker hair. An experienced stylist can certainly help with color and styling to get your hair through the transition period.
Girls fall into two camps: those who always wear their hair loose and those who tend to have their hair pinned. The French say: clean hair is already a hairstyle. So if you just use a texturizing spray, comb your hair back with a styling product, and complete the look with an accessory such as a silk scarf or a beautiful barrette. If you’re the kind of person who gathers hair, then a bun, a deliberately careless ponytail, or a braid is the best choice.
How to grow hair after a haircut
That awkward moment when you’ve cut your hair and a second later you’re already regretting it and wishing you could grow it back. It’s even worse when you’ve decided to grow it back after getting it cut too short. Trust me, short hair is not a sentence, it’s easier to style, it dries out faster, and, let’s face it, it’s less of a problem. The tricky part is when it starts to grow out.
Many stylists are convinced that all hair lengths are beautiful and offer plenty of opportunities to transform your look. Why don’t you start looking like a Hollywood actress who’s always switching up her look just for the role she’s playing? Imagine you’re an actress and you have a few looks to try! Short hair can be textured with gel (like Emma Watson), slicked back (like Kaley Cuoco), or decorated with a headband (like Selena Gomez).
Do you need to trim your ends when growing your hair?
The overall condition of your hair may be judged less by how shiny, smooth, and silky it is than by the simple factor of split ends. If your hair looks messy, if it’s split ends (and it’s not straight and tangled), get your stylist to cut the ends off.
You may exclaim why you need to cut your hair if you’re going to grow it out. We’ve mentioned the whole package approach before, so cut the split ends before you grow your dream length, and only then start growing and caring for your hair, using conditioners, masks, and creams that seal the hair cuticle.
It’s enough to visit your stylist once every two months and follow some helpful advice (limiting the use of curling irons and tight hairstyles). Incidentally, it’s a good idea to get your tips cut during the growing moon, and then your hair will grow back faster.
An overview of products to keep hair longer
Long hair needs special care. Shampoo should be mild in texture, conditioner should moisturize your hair so that it’s easy to detangle, masks should provide maximum nourishment to keep hair from breaking, and treatments should add softness, shine, and end-protection
The Dream Length range is the first range of products that takes into account the needs of long hair. The formula contains vegetable keratin to repair damaged hair; castor oil, known for its protective and strengthening properties; and a “cocktail” of vitamins PP and B5, essential to strengthen hair to the ends. Dream length in 4 steps!
Take natural oil (coconut oil, olive oil, argan oil, almond oil, burdock oil, castor oil) and warm it slightly in the microwave. Dip your fingers into the warm oil and massage the scalp in a circular motion for three minutes. Scoop up more oil and apply to the entire length of your hair.
Prepare the water Hard tap water is not the best choice for washing your head.
Wear a hat …
Reconsider your diet …
Try folk recipes …
Get rid of stress …
Consult a doctor …
Strengthening and growth of hair can be achieved by masks with warm burdock oil. It should be warmed up a little, rub into the scalp, wrap the head and wash off after 30 minutes. Effective, but “with consequences” mask with burdock oil, onion juice, liquid soap and honey.