Step-by-Step Beginner’s Tutorial to Achieve a Stunning Bridesmaid Hairstyle
As a bridesmaid, you hold a special place in the bride’s heart and on her big day. Therefore, it’s essential to look your best and complement the bride’s ensemble. A stunning bridesmaid updo can make you feel confident and enhance your appearance. In this beginner’s guide, we’ll show you how to create the perfect bridesmaid updo in six easy steps.
- Gather the Necessary Tools and Products
First and foremost, make sure you have all the required tools and products before beginning your hairstyle journey. Here is a list of essentials you will need:
- Bobby pins
- Hair elastics
- Heat protectant spray
- Curling iron or wand
- Hair donut (optional)
- Prepare Your Hair for Styling
Before diving into the actual styling process, take a few minutes to prep your hair for the updo.
- Cleanse and Condition: Start by washing your hair with a gentle shampoo and conditioner, ideally the day before the event. Freshly washed hair can be too slippery for an updo, so styling it a day later will give you better results.
- Detangle: Gently brush your hair to remove any tangles or knots. This will make it easier to work with during the styling process.
- Apply Heat Protectant: Before using any heated tools, spritz your hair with a heat protectant spray to prevent damage and maintain its health.
- Create the Base of Your Updo
Now that your hair is prepped and ready, it’s time to start creating your bridesmaid updo.
- Decide on the Height: Choose whether you want a high, medium, or low updo. This decision will impact the overall appearance of your hairstyle.
- Secure the Base: Gather your hair into a ponytail at your desired height and secure it with a hair elastic. If you’re opting for a more voluminous look, you can use a hair donut at this stage.
- Add Texture: To create a more romantic and intricate look, add texture by creating loose waves or curls with a curling iron or wand. Make sure to curl the entire ponytail and let the curls cool down before moving to the next step.
- Craft the Perfect Updo
With the base in place, it’s time to craft your updo. Follow these steps to achieve a stunning bridesmaid hairstyle:
- Divide and Conquer: Split your ponytail into several smaller sections. This will make it easier to create the updo and give you more control over the final result.
- Twist and Pin: Take each section and twist it around your fingers to create a loose, romantic twist. Secure the twisted section to your head with bobby pins or hairpins. Repeat this process for all sections of your ponytail, ensuring that you pin the hair in a balanced, visually appealing way.
- Tame Flyaways: Use a lightweight hairspray to hold your updo in place and smooth out any flyaways. Remember to spray from a distance to avoid creating a stiff, unnatural look.
- Personalize Your Bridesmaid Updo
Finally, add a personal touch to your updo with accessories that match the wedding theme or colors. Consider using:
- Hairpins with pearls or crystals
- Fresh flowers or flower crowns
- Decorative hair combs
- Headbands or tiaras
By following these six simple steps, you can create the perfect bridesmaid updo that will elevate your look and make you feel confident on the bride’s special day.
Table of Contents
Before you start creating the perfect bridesmaid updo, you’ll need to gather the necessary supplies. This includes a comb, brush, bobby pins, hairspray, and any other styling products you may need. Make sure you have enough supplies for each bridesmaid.
Prepare the Hair
Once you have all the supplies, you can begin prepping the hair. Start by brushing the hair to remove any tangles. Then, use a comb to part the hair in the desired style. If you’re creating an updo, you’ll want to part the hair in the middle or to the side.
Create the Updo
Now it’s time to create the updo. Start by gathering the hair at the nape of the neck and securing it with a hair tie. Then, begin twisting the hair into a bun and secure it with bobby pins. Make sure the bun is tight and secure.
Finish the Look
Once the updo is complete, you can finish the look with hairspray and any other styling products you may need. Make sure to spray the updo from a distance to avoid any flyaways. You can also add a few decorative pins or a flower for a more finished look.
Check the Updo
Once you’ve finished styling the updo, it’s important to check it for any loose strands or flyaways. Make sure the updo is secure and looks neat. If you need to make any adjustments, do so before the bridesmaid leaves.